With all the flooring options available, most people are faced with the challenge of choosing the best option for their homes. While all of the flooring types give your home that classic and unique appearance, there are those that create a more elegant look. One of the flooring types that you can consider is the lino floor covering.
What is Lino Floor?
First and foremost, lino is a short form of Linoleum. These are floors that have made from natural elements like the minerals like calcium carbonate, linoxyn and other materials. Most people tend to confuse between the lino floor covering and the vinyl flooring. Whilst they have similarities, they are both made from different materials. It is thus important for you to consult before you buy the flooring.
Benefits of using the lino floors
Yes, for a while now the lino floor covering has been thought to be a vintage and an old fashioned design. However, most of the people who have used these floors are satisfied with the results. Here is why;
- Price; compared with other forms of flooring, the linoleum floors are quite cheap. They are made with natural materials and that is why they may be cheap.
- Durability; the floors are designed with different materials that bond together to create a more strong feature. Once you buy these floors, you can relax you mind for they are long lasting. However, as much as the floors are strong, the durability may be affected by the way you take care of the floors.
- Versatile; the floors come in different designs, colors, pattern and thickness
- Water resistant; because of this feature, the floors are best suited for places like kitchen and the bathroom.
- Easy to clean; the floors are easy to clean however you have to pay attention to the products that you use. There are those products that may strip the floors because of the pH. You therefore need to choose the neutral cleaning products.
Choosing the right floors
When it comes to these floors, you need to pay attention to the design and the thickness. This is because the thicker the floor the more expensive it will be. It is also quite important for you to consider the color and the pattern of the floor. You need to choose design that will compliment the room in general.